didn't make it to the allotted ASF projects, Petar kept doing the
(hard) work, despite my slowness to support him.

Prior to participate on Cactus development, he made some contributions
to Apache Ant and other ASF projects. He also has a blog at java.net
(http://weblogs.java.net/blog/paranoiabla/).

A couple of months ago, I failed (again :-() to setup a sandbox SVN
branch at ASF for him to continue his work, so he ended up creating a
separated repository on SourceForge where we could do some work in
parallel. Now that code is ready to come back to the Jakarta codebase,
and the proper legal measures has already been taken (see
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/jakarta-cactus-tahchiev.html).

Besides the technical aspect, I can tell from personal experience that
he is a talented and enthusiastic developer, and will be a valuable
contributor to the Cactus/Jakarta communities. So, here is my (PMC
binding) +1 vote.

-- Felipe