March 2007 Jakarta Board Report

Status

Activity seems to pick in projects that haven't been so active, so that's
really good news. Besides the releases and the code donation (see Cactus)
and the releases, there is nothing in particular that needs board attention
at this moment.
On a side note : I really hope we can go back to the 3 month schedule again.
If there is something out of the ordinary however, I will add an extra report.

Releases

* 13 February 2007 - Commons Fileupload 1.2 Released
* 17 March 2007 - Commons HttpClient 3.1-rc1 Released
* 18 March 2007 - Commons Transaction 1.2 Released
* 18 March 2007 - Jakarta Regexp 1.5 released

Community changes

Ant Elder - Voted as a committer for the BSF.
Stephen Kestle - Voted as a committer for Commons

BSF
Ant Elder - Voted as a committer for the BSF.

Cactus

Currently in the process of voting on a new committer (Petar Tahchiev).
After this vote a vote will be started to finish the code donation
by Petar, for more details of the code grant, please see
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/jakarta-cactus-tahchiev.html.

Commons FileUpload

The release 1.2 of Commons Fileupload 1.2 introduces a new streaming API,
which allows to use the library with arbitrarily large files and an extremely
low memory profile.

POI

Gearing up for a release of 3.0, which hopefully will be in a month or so's
time.

Regexp

Released 1.5 version of Regexp which brings number of known issues down to 3.
Dev and user lists are quiet.

Mvgr,
Martin