On 5/9/07, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

+1

Henri Yandell wrote on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:20 PM:

> Sadly a bit too late to make the next board meeting I suspect.
>
> However, here's a vote for Commons to officially request that
> it move to TLP.
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/TLPResolution
>
> Please add your name if you're a Commons developer and haven't added
> your name yet.
>
> [ ] +1 I support the proposal
> [ ] +0 I don't care
> [ ] -1  I'm opposed to the proposal because...
>
> Voting will close in one week.
>
> Hen

Hi,

I am not a Jakarta commiter, and also vote is not binding, but I want
to ask something. What are the benefits for commons of moving to a
TLP?
Also as I read the official commons intro, it states that commons is a
project "focused on all aspects of reusable Java components". So
as we all know Jakarta is a devision of Apache, that deals with the
Java open-source projects in the foundation, therefore, as I see it,
it would be better for commons to stay in the Jakarta.
So, maybe I am wrong, but I don't see any direct benefit for commons to move
to a TLP.
That's why, I have to vote:

-1

and ask you to prove me wrong.

Thank you all.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Public PGP Key at:
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1A15B53B761500F9
Key Fingerprint: AA16 8004 AADD 9C76 EF5B  4210 1A15 B53B 7615 00F9