2007/8/6, Roland Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> >
> > Slide seems pretty inactive at the moment. I am just wondering how many
> > developers out there would be willing to contribute on a more or less
> > regular basis to the maintenance and further development of Slide, or
> > the new TLP will effectively end up tasked with the job of trying to
> > recreate the community around the old Slide code base, albeit with a
> > somewhat reduced scope.
>
> Indeed a valid concern. This discussion should show how much
> interest there is in the Slide community. I'm not eager to sift
> through the backlog of 180 open issues on my own.
> If the Slide community is inactive, I'd prefer that HttpComponents
> goes TLP on it's own with a transport scope. Client WebDAV support
> could be added if and when community interest arises, and we
> wouldn't have a huge chunk of code with which we're not familiar.

I agree that there is little chance to revive the server part of Slide
for reasons that should not be discussed here. However, Martin's and
also my hopes had been that when the - indeed useful - WebDAV client
was moved to a different project it could actually be revived. Reasons
are that it is functional, useful and of much less complexity than the
server. I would at least volunteer to support the initial move
(including cleanup) to HttpComponents and once it is there am
confident it will attract further contributors. The command line
client should be dropped, really.

Oliver