Why don't you see http://www.apachenews.org/ ??

For example, the "Mailet 2.4 release" news is here:
http://www.apachenews.org/archives/001213.html

Information from DOAP files are included, so more
useful than the announcement (e-mail) itself.

Sincerely,

Tetsuya Kitahata

P.S. Lucene 2.4.0 release news you mentioned were put here:
http://www.apachenews.org/archives/001193.html

----