On 20/01/2009, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/01/2009, Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  >  maybe I am too impatient, but has anybody tried the artifacts?
>

> 1 minor problem - the .asc files should be detached ascii signatures,
>  not signed archives.
>  No need to recreate the RC, just recreate the .asc files.
>
>  We don't normally provide binary .sig files - they can be deleted.
>
>  I'm still looking at other aspects of the RC.

The servlet-api-2.4.jar file is an Apache version, as Henri already mentioned.
The cddl licence should be deleted, and the README updated.

Like Henri, I also get test failures:

[surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.25
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.deployment.webapp.TestWarArchive
[surefire] Tests run: 3, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.031
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.deployment.webapp.TestWebXml
[surefire] Tests run: 54, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 2.359 sec
[surefire] Running
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.deployment.webapp.TestWebXmlVersion
[surefire] Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.093 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.TestCactifyEarTask
[surefire] Tests run: 3, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.031
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.TestCactifyWarTask
[surefire] Tests run: 21, Failures: 21, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.281
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.TestCactusTask
[surefire] Tests run: 7, Failures: 7, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.078
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.TestCactusTestTask
[surefire] Tests run: 7, Failures: 7, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.094
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.TestRunServerTestsTask
[surefire] Tests run: 6, Failures: 6, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.078
sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!

I ran "mvn test", which failed when it could not find the cactus jars.
It would be better if this worked without needing to do "mvn install" first.

I then ran "mvn install" and got the errors shown above.

It looks like these are all caused by

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: The system property
'testinput.dir' must point to an existing directory
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.AntTestCase.getBuildFile(AntTestCase.java:370)

This is a bit odd, as the directory appears to be there.

The assert() message ought to quote the directory name it is looking for.
[I'll update SVN trunk.]

Even odder, the problem does not occur when I reran the test.
I've tried several times to recreate the error, but it only happened once.

==

There are various jetty files under

samples/jetty/src

which don't have AL headers. Are these Jetty sources?
If so, then the source archive really needs to include the relevant license.
If the samples were generated under the ASF, then they need the AL headers.

There seem to be some oddities in the main pom.xml:

        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>aspectj</groupId>
                        <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
                        <version>1.5.3</version>
                </dependency>

specifies version 1.5.3, whereas

        <dependencyManagement>
                <dependencies>
                        <dependency>
                                <groupId>aspectj</groupId>
                                <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
                                <version>1.2.1</version>
                        </dependency>

specifies version 1.2.1 - I would have expected the two to be the same?

==

There are several maven.xml and project.xml files in the directory
tree - are these still current?