On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is cross-posted, please use your discretion to respond to the
> relevant list(s). At a suitable time, I'll try to collate replies in a
> summary post to gene...@.
>
> We have three Jakarta sub-projects that have been discussion points
> for moving elsewhere (viz. ECS, ORO and Regexp). For example, the last
> time this came up was during the merge development mailing lists
> discussion.
>
> There have been a couple of candidate locations spoken of where these
> can be moved:
> (a) Apache Commons, where they can be maintained -- pending Jakarta
> and Commons approvals; and
> (b) Apache Attic, where they can be retired -- pending Jakarta approval.
>
> If there is interest in moving one or more to Commons, we can initiate
> that topic with Commons some time soon.
>
> So, for each of the three sub-projects: Commons or Attic or something else
> now?

I had a look at actual code changes and releases in the last few years
and have summarized below:

ECS Last Release: May 2003
ECS Code Changes (by Robert Burrell Donkin & Henri Yandell):
   July 2008 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=680100
   July 2008 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=680091
   Sep 2007 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=574772
   May 2003 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=168960

ORO Last Release: Dec 2003
ORO Code Changes (by Daniel Savarese):
   Dec 2009 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=888505
   Apr 2006 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=390702
   Apr 2006 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=390695
   Oct 2005 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=328125
   Sep 2004 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=54495

Regexp Releases: March 2007, Aug 2005, Dec 2002
Regexp Code Changes (by Vadim Gritsenko):
   Dec 2009 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=890007
   Mar 2007 - 17 commits r515613 to r517970
   Jan 2006 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=368412
   Aug 2005 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=232365
   Aug 2005 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=232192
   Aug 2005 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=231379
   May 2004 - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=126159

I would say definitely the attic for ECS and ORO and probably the
attic for Regexp. Perhaps each should make a final release before
moving.

Niall