Hi Sebb,

sebb wrote:

> On 18/05/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:

[snip]

>>  1 required artifact is missing.
>>
>>  for artifact:
>>   org.apache.bsf.testing:bsf-testing-e4x-1.6R7-Axiom:jar:3.1
>>
>>  from the specified remote repositories:
>>   apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
>>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>>  ================= %< ==================
>>

> Rats - it builds OK for me and for Hudson - I guess those must have
> got local copies.
>
> BTW, what JVM and OS are you using?

Currently:
$ mvn -version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 21:16:01+0200)
Java version: 1.6.0_20
Java home: /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.32-gentoo-r7" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

>>  BUILDING text file does not give any hint where this artifact should be
>>  coming from.
>
> Nor should it need to - it should be in the maven POMs.
>
> I tidied up some of the repo dependencies as I thought I found it in
> central. I assumed that Maven would tell me if the dependency could not be
> resolved.
>
> Is there any way to check this, apart from deleting the local maven repo?

No, but you might use an alternate settings.xml file (-s) instead that
locates the local repo somewhere else to a temporary path.

> Try adding
>
>     <repositories>
>        <repository>
>           <id>wso2</id>
>           <url>http://dist.wso2.org/maven2</url>
>           <snapshots>
>              <enabled>true</enabled>
>           </snapshots>
>        </repository>
>     </repositories>
>
> to testing/e4x-1.6R7-Axiom/pom.xml
>
> and see if that allows the test to continue.

Yes, if I add this, the build runs through. However, you're aware that the
usage of repositories within the POMs is strongly discouraged and IIRC will
no longer work in M3?

> I'd like to see if there are any further problems before proceeding
> with another RC.

Fine with me, I have some more pets in my compiler zoo ... ;-)

>>  BTW: Is BSF 3.1 now compatible with Jexl2? Jexl2 has now its own script
>>  engine support, but BSF engines will force Jexl 1.2 in which creates
>>  incompatibilities for Jexl2 in BSF 3.0.
>
> Start a new thread for that.

OK.

- Jörg