On 25 September 2011 13:01, Milamber <milam...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The second release candidate for JMeter 2.5.1 has been prepared, and your
> votes are solicited.
>
> This release fixes mainly some bugs appeared since JMeter 2.5, but
> contains few improvements.
>
> Tests (load tests or functional tests) with JVM 5/6/7 on
> Linux/Windows/Mac OS on functionality changes are welcomes (HttpClient
> 4.1 request, Http request with parallels embedded resources, View
> results tree, WebServices (SOAP) request, Async sample sending mode, etc)
>
> List of changes:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.5.1RC2/docs/changes.html
>

> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
> behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
> Java 1.5+.
>
> Archives/hashes/sigs and RAT report:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.5.1RC2/dist
>
> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>
> abc0d327d19f3e138955de5082c000b3 *jakarta-jmeter-2.5.1.tgz
> 3e69786253880a1293e245519cba4ad3 *jakarta-jmeter-2.5.1.zip
> cdc73f4db83dee52d216c74c2a323721 *jakarta-jmeter-2.5.1_src.tgz
> 3f294979e6c696bba91d62c2ec5f0473 *jakarta-jmeter-2.5.1_src.zip
>
> Site Docs are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.5.1RC2/docs
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/tags/v2_5_1_RC2 (r1175373)
>
> Keys are here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/site/dist/jmeter/
> also
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/
>
> N.B.
> To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"
>
> To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".
>
> JMeter 2.5 requires Java 1.5 or later.
>
> Note that there is a bug in Java on some Linux systems that manifests
> itself as the following error when running the test cases or JMeter itself:
>
>  [java] WARNING: Couldn't flush user prefs:
>  java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException:
>  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not supported: indent-number
>
> This does not affect JMeter operation.
>

> All feedback (and votes!) welcome.
>
> [  ] +1  I support this release
> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
> [  ] -0   OK, but....
> [  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)
>
> The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
> and rename the RC tag as the release tag.
>
> Thanks in advance!

All looks OK except for some minor differences between the source
archives and the SVN tag.

The xml files under xdocs/usermanual disagree for me, because the
$Date: $ SVN keyword is resolved using the default Locale.
My Locale is English, whereas the files were built with a French Locale.
So when I check out the SVN tag, I see English days and months, but
the source archive contains French days and months.

I don't think this is a blocker.

The LICENSE file is also slighty different in the zip archives. This
is because it was treated as a UTF-8 file, but in fact one of the
characters is not UTF-8, so the Ant filter task does not copy the
character exactly.

I don't think this is a blocker either.

I'll fix the issues in SVN so they won't happen in future releases.