Yes, once again, emacs saves the day.

However, if you're still reluctant to convert to that particular
religion, you may want to use a function key definition which will
write your session log to a file.  If you select
"Edit/Configure/Function Keys" and add the following line to the
config file that comes up, you'll have an F3 key to do this.

3,0,Save session log file, 0!:1 '(];(readtext_0_'''') fwrites ])
''~temp/JGTK'',(;(_4,5$_2){.&.>(''00'',[:
":[:<.0.5+])&.>6!:0''''),''.txt'''

(restart your session for it to take effect)

This won't help you in the case where you unexpectedly lose your
session - you might still have to be dragged, kicking and screaming,
into the realm of emacs for that.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Gilles Kirouac <gkiro...@riq.qc.ca> wrote:

>  My session blew on my nose. I would like to reproduce the steps
> of my session.
>
>  With J7+gtkide, there is an input log.
>
>    NB. if inputlog preserved between sessions
>    KeepInputLog=: 1
>
>  Where is it on file? How often is it written to file?
> Is there a parm for this?
>
>  When a line is recalled, the original line is removed. Can I avoid this?
>
>  In general, how do I get a replica (unretouched) of a session,
> including the very last line? with emacs?
>
>  ~ Gilles

Devon McCormick, CFA
^me^ at acm.
org is my