What really should happen is that the field Local Ack Timeout in REQ
should be (2 * PacketLifeTime + Local CA’s ACK delay) (see 12.7.34)
and then the responder should use this for it's QP.

Just to clarify, the value is _based_ on (2 * PacketLifeTime + local CA ack delay). For example, if local CA ack delay is 0, then local ack timeout = PacketLifeTime + 1.

This does not sound too hard - why can't we just fix CM to do this, then?

The work-arounds were only suggestions to use until a fix is in place and to verify that this really is the problem. I do plan on submitting a fix.

- Sean