Roland Dreier wrote:
 > I'm a little perplexed by the fast reg WR definition. The context is
 > that I'm using the Fast Reg verb to map the local memory that is the
 > data source for an RDMA_WRITE.
> > The WR format, however, only takes an rkey. How does this all work
 > when you're using fast reg to map local memory? Does the WR really
 > need the mr pointer, or both the lkey and rkey? The IBTA spec seems to
 > indicate that it needs more information about the MR than just the
 > rkey.

On Mellanox, L_Key and R_Key are always the same,

Also true for iWARP.
so it doesn't really
matter.  I think in general the idea would be that the L_Key you have
gets updatedd with any "consumer key" changes you make in the WR but
otherwise works the same.
Fair enough. Use the mr->lkey value in the SGE for subsequent DTO.
 the WR processing better be able to find the
MR by R_Key so I think it's OK.

It just seems a little weird to be supplying the R_Key when you're mapping local memory.
I'll look at the IB spec though.

The spec refers to a bunch of verification on the L_Key. Obviously, if the L_Key and R_Key are the same the distinction is moot.
 - R.