Hi Björn,

Pax JPA is not released, that's why it's not documented ;-) But
there's not much to it - have a look at Pax JPA's own integration
tests.

The idea is to implement an OSGi-compliant JPA service - no more, no
less, without any dependencies on Spring or Blueprint, enabling
automatic byte code weaving/enhancement, without being tied to any
particular JPA implementation.

At the moment, Pax JPA registers an EntityManagerFactory for each
persistence bundle, and enhancement works automatically using an OSGi
4.3 Weaving Hook. Tested successfully for OpenJPA and Eclipselink.

What's still missing is an EntityManagerFactoryBuilder (not available
in Gemini or Aries either).

Pax JPA does not (and never will) help you managing EntityManagers or
transactions, as this is not part of the OSGi JPA spec.

Of course, declarative transactions is what I'm ultimately aiming for,
but these shall be achieved in combination with Pax CDI and DeltaSpike
JPA, see [1] for a first example.

[1]
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.cdi/blob/master/pax-cdi-itest/src/test/java/org/ops4j/pax/cdi/test/TransactionalTest.java

Hope that helps,