Author: Alexander Barkov
Email: b...@mnogosearch.org
Message:
Hi,

> Hi Guys,
>
> Digging in the urlinfo datadase, I see it contains many sname with the full
> URL response type (e.g. Content-Type).
>
> I wonder if it would not be a good idea to reduce these names to a much
> shorter value, directly inside mnoGo, to reduce storage as well ?
>
> Just a suggestion, if valuable...

In case of MySQL you can ALTER the table
to use the ENUM data type for the column "sval",
instead of a VARCHAR. The list of all possible
values is known from the "Section" commands in indexer.conf.

In the next major version 3.4.x the tables structure will
be different: the table "urlinfo" will be used only
for user-defined variables. It won't be used
for the things like Content-Type.

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=21587>