On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Brenner, Mike wrote:
The web link for downloading POI version 3.8 beta 4 is given as:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/dev/bin/poi-bin-3.8-beta4-20110826.zip

This file cannot be unzipped by winzip or by rar.

Which mirror did you download from? (That page links you to your nearest download mirror)

I've just tried downloading it from my nearest mirror, and unzip could list it fine. I've just tried on the master distribution server, and I can unpack the version there too

I'd suggest you just try downloading it again, and make sure you the download completes

Nick