Hi Alex,

I cannot think of many people who could provide better advice on the
development of Open Source tools than you lot at Mozilla.

In terms of testing Exhibit/Timeline, there are obviously a number of web app
testing tools, e.g. Selenium (http://www.openqa.org/selenium/), Watir
(http://wtr.rubyforge.org/, only for IE I think) and Sahi
(http://sahi.sourceforge.net/), which could be used although I'm not sure how
easily they could be incorporated into a automatic build. Perhaps more
appropriately for Exhibit/Timeline JavaScript there's JSUnit
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsunit/) a port of JUnit.

I have to say I haven't used any of these in anger so cannot vouch for there
relative merits, I'll ask around our team and see if anyone has any informed
preferences.