which version of checkstyle are you using? there are two errors in parsing
the proposed checkstyle file with 5.1;

   <!-- <property name="ignoreEnhancedForColon" value="false"/> -->
   <!-- <module name="OneStatementPerLine"/> -->

once i fixed the checkstyle file to work with 5.1, i see that 4935 and
31935 new warnings/errors are introduced in trunk and in my i18n branches,
respectively; clearly, this is going to require a large amount of editing
to allow use of the proposed rules;

many of the new errors I notice (in both trunk and my i18n branches) have
to do with whitespace before or after '(', ')', and cast operations; i do
not agree with enforcing the presence or absence of whitespace around these
constructs; i happen to always use whitespace before and after parens,
e.g., the following should produce no checkstyle warning:

public int foo ( int a, int b, int c ) {
  return bar ( a, b, c );
};

i would like whitespace after '{' and before '}' in an array
initialization, e.g., both of the following should be permitted:

int[] a = new int[] { 1, 2, 3 };
int[] a = new int[] {1, 2, 3};

i would like SimplifyBooleanReturn to be removed;

i would like whitespace after BNOT produce a warning, e.g. both ! foo and
!foo should be accepted without warning;

i would like whitespace after DOT operator to be permissible, e.g., both
x.y and x . y should be permitted;

i would like empty blocks to be permissible, e.g., the following should be
permitted:

if ( test ) {
  /* TBD - handle test is true */
} else {
  /* TBD - handle test is false */
}

i would like the arbitrary line length rule to be removed; i do not agree
to 110 line length; or if you insist, i could accept 150;

i do not agree with including MultipleVariableDeclarations rule; i
routinely define multiple local variables in one statement, e.g., int x, y;

i do not agree with requiring LocalFinalVariableName to match
'^[A-Z][A-Z0-9]*(_[A-Z0-9]+)*$';
instead, it should continue to match the currently used
pattern "^[a-z][a-zA-Z0-9]*$";

why are there two NoWhitespaceAfter rules?

    <module name="NoWhitespaceAfter">
      <property name="tokens" value="ARRAY_INIT"/>
    </module>
   <module name="NoWhitespaceAfter">
      <property name="allowLineBreaks" value="false"/>
      <property name="tokens"
value="BNOT,DEC,DOT,INC,LNOT,UNARY_MINUS,UNARY_PLUS"/>
    </module>

if you fix the above problems, then i will re-run on trunk and my i18n
branch to check if there are any other issues that need to be resolved;