I don't know how much my input matters here, but having spent quite a while
in the fonts packages I concur with Jeremias, putting MAC_GLYPH_NAMES back
in, doesn't have a major impact.

I should note, for future, we need to be more clear as to what constitutes
the public API. It may be prudent to do with XGC what we did with FOP and
make the "public" API explicit to all devs. Simply using the "public"
access modifier doesn't make something part of the public API. Conversely,
as Jeremias has pointed out, we have to be diligent and open when making
changes to the API.

Mehdi