On 23/07/2014 17:55, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
On 23/07/14 12:05, Manuel Mall wrote:
Hi,

Just a thought on this topic:

Changing the minimum JDK requirement is quite a big step. If FOP 2.0 is released with JDK 1.5 minimum requirements you probably don't want to change this until you get to Fop 3.0. Users would typically expect 2.x releases to maintain this sort of major backwards compatibility characteristic. As a user I certainly would be upset if let's say a few month after 2.0 release 2.1 comes out with minor enhancements and bug fixes and it suddenly increases the minimum JDK level because a JDK 1.6 dependency was introduced in trunk and I have Fop 2.0 running in a 1.5 production environment that can't be changed in a hurry.

So, in my opinion declare Fop 2.0 as dependant on 1.6 now (even if it technically it isn't) or stick around with 1.5 until the next major release.

Thanks for your input Manuel, that makes sense. I guess I’ll advertise
FOP to be dependent on 1.6 then.

+1

Thanks,

Chris