Juha,

Thanks for the heads-up about PyXB.  I have not tried using it and
do not know much about it.  My understanding is that PyXB and
generateDS both try to solve the same problem: data bindings from an
XML schema, although the approach and the generated code is very
different.

I checked at the Python Package Index (pypi.python.org), and found a
reasonably recent update (9/3/2017).  So, apparently, PyXB is
actively maintained.  I believe that SourceForge has had some
problems recently, and that may explain the dead link that you
tried.  Here is a link to PyXB at the Python Package Index:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyXB/1.2.6

If you try PyXB and have any comments or comparisons with generateDS,
I'd certainly be interested.

And, thanks, by the way, for that link to the comparison article (at
codingrelic).  But, I noticed that this article is from 2011, so
lots has likely changed with both packages since then.

Dave

--

Dave Kuhlman
http://www.davekuhlman.org