Hello John,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 06:03:13PM -0500, John J. Karcher wrote:
> Chris, please keep us informed about your progress on the IMAP server
> scenario if you can.  I am also gradually making my systems more modular
> using VMs (although not quite as granular as what you describe above), and I
> am currently running an little IMAP server in a *nix VM, which I would love
> to replace with a Genode "appliance" VM.

It looks like I've to clarify that my project is all about the client
side of email. What I'd like to achieve is a Genode-native
multi-component replacement for running Thunderbird or the like in a
Linux VM. I personally use Mutt, offlineimap, msmtp, and abook on
Linux for my Genode Labs account for years and am quite satisfied by
most of the components. For the Genode implementation I'm still
addressing Mutt, msmtp, and abook, but like to replace offlineimap by
isync/mbsync.

Nevertheless, it should be not that hard for you to start the initial
port of a simple IMAP server to Genode (using the libc) and identify
additional requirements (e.g., missing libraries) not available yet.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs