On 20.01.2018 02:05, Valery V. Sedletski via genode-main wrote:
Also, I'm wondering, are the stack area and the linker area still implemented as managed dataspaces on base-linux? So, they are the same as on other platforms, but they only couldn't be nested? (As I understand, dataspaces on Linux are not RPC objects indeed, so they are just mmap-ped as a file in the same address space,
that is the cause?).
For reference, you may take
a look at the handling of the stack area, which is a 256MiB-sized
virtual-address space window that is sparsely populated with the stacks
of the component-local threads.

Cheers
Norman

Looked at genode/repos/base-linux/src/include/base/internal/region_map_mmap.h, comments make this clear. So yes, stack area is implemented as a managed dataspace. The limitations are that it cannot be attached twice, and cannot be attached to another managed dataspace. It still could be attached to the root region map. So, I'll be able to reserve the shared area as a managed dataspace. But still, I'll could not reserve sub-regions within it, for subsequent mappings/unmappings.
WBR,

valery