Hello Ben,

On 08.03.2018 20:23, Nobody III wrote:
> On Genode, how do we ensure that CPU cores are being used efficiently?

it is not ensured.

> What mechanisms are in place for thread balancing?

None. (well, except on base-linux where Linux performs the balancing)

The general idea is that the balancing is not a concern for the base
system but should be solved at a higher level. E.g., when assigning
multiple CPUs to a VM, the guest OS will do the balancing. In a similar
way, noux could in principle spawn processes on different CPUs while
monitoring CPU usage (e.g., via core's trace service).

Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske
Genode Labs

genode-main mailing list