Hello Fabian,

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 10:09:44AM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> I think I understand your points:
> - I don't understand why systems get messed up xcode-wise either, but
>   I'm sure not everyone has root access to fix it
> - My current workaround works currently, indeed, dunno about the future

Agreed.

> - Doing more patchwork is discouraged by llvm maintainer(s?),
>   didn't like my above patch, and in fact told me to leave the llvm
>   ebuilds alone because the patches are not acceptable/accepted by
>   upstream, if you got ideas for this...

Under these conditions I don't have any great ideas either. Obviously,
the right way to do it[tm] is to find someone willing to become llvm
upstream contributor/maintainer with a standing to get our patches in.
I've tried something similar on a much lower level on several occasions
and can say that it's a major undertaking that will gobble that someone
up. So I'm not volunteering.

> - The libcxx{abi,-headers} situation needs love too, since we have
>   different ebuilds for Prefix

I haven't forgotten about the "switch to cmake"-part of Bug #538364 but seem
to have trouble motivating myself to touch it since the current scheme
works reasonably well. :-/
--
Regards,
Michael