Hi Fabian,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 08:41:57PM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> Thing is I once believed Portage checked manifest and all, but it seems
> not to do anything any more, so my idea of things being OK may have been

I also was a bit surprised to find that portage didn't authenticate and
verify the tree at all. Stumbling over webrsync more or less by
accident, I've been using it as the next best thing in the interim.

>From what I was able to find on the net, there's never been any
actual implementation before Michal Gorny started gemato (see
https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0074.html#motivation wrt GLEP-58 from
2008 never being implemented). After using gemato on Gentoo Linux as a
very early adopter I'm eager to get something comparable going in Prefix
Mac.

How can I help?
--
Thanks,