I have run into the YP problem myself in the past.  I am embarrassed to
say that I didn't file a bug report.  As a work around, I changed
nsswitch.conf to remove the nis entries.  I think there is a bug in one of
the nis libraries.  Once I get past the upgrade, I restore the nis entries.
In normal operation I don't seem to have any more YP related problems.

--
Steve Herber    [EMAIL PROTECTED]               work: 206-221-7262
Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services     home: 425-454-2399