Hello all,

I have a dual Opteron WS. After being up for some time (running gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r7, Xorg 7 & KDE 3.5) my system begins showing 100% CPU usage on one of the processors with the offending process, kacpid, using most of this. I know the first thing I need to do is recompile a new version of the kernel and see if the problem persists, but for now, is there some way for me t track down what's causing this?

kacpid cannot be killed and the only workaround I've been able to use to stop my whole system from being "jerky" is to renice kacpid to a much lower priority of 19 from its original -5.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance

Samir