On Saturday 07 October 2006 07:15, Paul Stear wrote:
> I have started using the athlon cool and quiet facility with cpudyn.
> However, ksensors show that the processor speed reduced from 2200 to 10000
> during low activity but the processor temprature remains at 40 degree C.
> I was expecting this to reduce.  Is this temp normal?
> For anybody who has an Athlon 64 3500 - What temps are you showing.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Paul
It's been a funky night, and I'm about to anounce myself to this list because
it's new for me, and....
this not having anything to do with you at all, I think this list has been
full of B.S. lately and hard to join

I'm running an amd64 3500 at 2.2ghz and I don't think I compiled my kernel
with support for temperature.

If your compiles aren't failing and sed/gcc or anything that deals with
floating point numbers isn't failing, you're not too hot or too overclocked
or, as my dumb donkey thinks, not overclocked enough.

cheers,
jbooth