Paul Stear wrote:
I should have thought of that, I am now updating 33 packages so hopefully amarok will install correctly after they have finished.
Paul

I'm attempting the lafilefixer solution listed in the libpcre install notes. However, I'm beginning to think I'd have been better off rebuilding 33 packages. I suspect that lafilefixer will work just fine and very quickly solve my problem, but now every time I update just about anything else on my system that produces a .la file I'll get a collision error as just about every .la file is going to have a non-matching mtime and md5sum from its original install...