lurker wrote:
> On 10/02/09 22:28, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> try grepping the init.d scripts.  or look at the source scripts from
>> catalyst itself (iirc, there's a "livecd support" dir or some such).
>
> I've recursively grepped every file in /usr/lib/catalyst,
> /usr/share/genkernel, /etc and the initrd, and I found nothing. Have I
> missed anything (I must have!)?

The files you're looking for are part of livecd-tools. There's a function called
livecd_fix_inittab() in livecd-functions.sh that rewrites the CD's inittab to
call the bashlogin script instead of a login process. However, I'm not sure what
actually calls the livecd_fix_inittab() function in the first place.

--
Andrew Gaffney                                 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer            Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead