Forget it. This is a lot of pain for not much gain [*].

I've bumped build-docbook-catalog to version 2.2, which now uses
/etc/xml/.lock as lock directory (and creates it if needed).

[*]
On openrc profiles, running systemd-tmpfiles does not do anything since
no config files are installed. /run/lock is created somewhere inside
openrc, with different permissions compared to a systemd profile...
so we'd need to install a hand-crafted config...
That kind of gave me the last push towards a simpler solution.

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfri...@gentoo.org