On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:50:36 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| On Monday 11 April 2005 22:42, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > Well, surprisingly enough, one of the main reasons we use these
| > version control things is so that we can see *what changed*. It's a
| > hell of a lot easier to do this when you can just say "show me
| > everything that changed in the foo project between three days ago
| > and today" rather than having to worry about adding in extra
| > selections to pick a project path.
|
| You need to do this anyway. Whether it's a path inside the repository
| or on  the webserver doesn't matter. It's like
| https://svn.gentoo.org/gentoo/projA  where /gentoo is the name of the
| repos or https://svn.gentoo.org/gentoo/projA  where /gentoo is a
| superdirectory of all project repositories that are now  housed in the
| gentoo cvs repository. In either case /gentoo could be removed.

No, with certain operations you need to start giving entire paths if and
only if you're not operating on the repo as a whole.

| > One big repository is harder to work with. It's that simple.
|
| With one exception, that is, sharing and merging within a repository
| is a lot  easier than between two separate repositories.

Which is an extremely rare task compared to doing things like diffs and
branch merges...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm