On Monday 18 April 2005 22:55, Aron Griffis wrote:
> Presently vlc doesn't merge (given the right USE flags) because of
> bugs in ffmpeg when built with gcc-3.4 (bug 88472).
Which version of vlc? In stable or unstable systems?

> Marking the newer
> ffmpeg stable relies on marking a52dec-0.7.4-r4 stable as well.  From
> what I can see in bgo, this seems like a reasonable thing to do...
Seems like the only bug open for last ffmpeg is aac-related and is an upstream
bug which is present also in older version. Still there's my ebuild cleanup
which I'd like to merge asap, but I don't think can be made stable for now.
And there's just a prelink problem with a52dec.

> Does somebody from the media-video team mind marking those packages
> stable and working on the list of bugs that Chris White was previously
> looking after?
I'd like to stable them, as also vlc needs quite a few cleanups of old
ebuilds, but I'm just the last newcomer :)
Also, lu_zero said that current cvs is not stable enough for a new snapshot,
so if we want to stable something, we need to use the one we already have.
About chris's bugs, I'm taking care of xine's and vlc's ones that I can
reproduce/study, but I'm not going to touch mplayer in any case :) I leave it
to lu_zero :D

--
Diego "Flameeyes" PettenÃ
Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)

http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/