On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 14:30 -0700, Corey Shields wrote:
> I think that nomirror should be used as seldom as possible.  Licensing issues
> are legit.  We've had one case where mirror admins complained about a file
> that was too big (a 2 gig neverwinter nights file), but otherwise I have
> talked with them before about releasing "nomirror" wherever we can, and they
> didn't mind.

We actually use nomirror pretty extensively on the games team.  We have
quite a few mods/games that come in at over 500MB.  There's even a
couple at over 1GB.  I can tell you that if we loosened the nomirror on
those, we would need at least another 20GB of mirror space just for the
added games-* distfiles.

So how about we leave it a bit more open for interpretation?

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager