On Sun, 8 May 2005 00:47:05 +0900 Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| I was planning to summarize home install support here, but your
| statement  above has confused me a little. Is there any case where a
| package *must* have  a dependency installed globally? If so, I can't
| see it.

I'm kinda inclined to say that there will be situations in which
packages must have a dependency installed in either / or prefix, *not*
homedir. But then, I can't think of a situation where all of the
following would be true:

* A package requires a (/ or prefix) install of a dep
* The dep in question is capable of being installed into homedir

So I think your list is good.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm