Hey All,

The upgrade for bugs.gentoo.org went exactly as I had planned for.
Completed in under 20 minutes, which included this email. I've upgraded
our Bugzilla from the old 2.18rc2 to 2.18.1. This fixes more security
and code than I can even begin to mention. I have cleaned out a lot of
the code and added in some nice features.

Those nice features I'd like to higlight:

(1) In the bug list, enhancements are colored green, while critical and
blocker bugs are still colored red. This should help in picking out the
enhancement bugs.
(2) Spam-Spider avoidance measures. When not logged in to the bugzilla
system, all reporters and commenters show up just as names, there are NO
email addresses. When logged in, one can see names and email addresses.
This should help stump spam spiders which parse web pages looking for
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(3) I have cleaned up the 'useful links' and footer section. Your logged
in name, and log out link is now found left justified under the bugzilla
version. As opposed to all the way on the right and as 'regular' text.
(4) Comments now have [reply] links where clicking, will append the
reply into the 'Additional Comments' textbox where one can easily
comment on earlier replies.
(5) Strikeouts now work for bugs with closed-like resolutions. Allows a
user to more quickly tell the status of a resolved bug.

Anything else I've forgotten, I will happily take full credit for. I
would also like to thank the numerous bugzilla developers over in
irc.mozilla.org in #mozwebtools. They were endlessly patient with my
questions and I am endlessly greatful.

I want to thank all those who use our bugzilla system for making Gentoo
Linux the great distribution it is.

Regards,
Jeffrey Forman