Michael,

        You are very welcome, it was a pleasure to upgrade such a critical
piece of Gentoo, even though it required time I could have spent outside
in the Florida sun. As for your question about adding in the duplicate
status. 'Duplicate' isn't a status, its a resolution state. I point you
to http://bugs.gentoo.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status
for a better explanation. So in a more abstract sense, a Duplicate bug
has been 'resolved,' as someone has determined that it is a duplicate
bug and pointed the bug to its appropriate original filing. With that
said, I put this issue to rest. ;) Yes, it's nitpicky, but I won't
impart any bodily harm on you.

-Jeffrey