On Friday 10 June 2005 10:55 am, foser wrote:
> > If everyone starts using ekeyword now with the alphabetical ordering
> > built in, everything will be consistent, and there shouldn't be a
> > problem.
>
> even vapier indicates
> that there really is no reason to do it alphabetically, except maybe
> that he now knows to look in the keywords string, which is of course a
> bit far fetched with all arch keywords not being set for all different
> packs (so he still has to look at different points in different packs)
> and was not brought up as a defence of his particular move at the time
> he started doing this.

not quite sure where you're pulling this out of but you're always full of
suprises like this

consistency is one advantage (which i'm sure you'll say is pointless)

as for the rest of the ramble you posted here it's really quite wrong ... you
must have missed the class where they teach you the ins & outs of
alphabetical sorting because it really does allow you to quickly scan a list
and figure out if the item you're looking for is there or not

if you ever had to do arch-specific KEYWORDing on a frequent basis (and i'm
99% sure you have nfc we support other arches than x86 if we use
arch-specific breakage in GNOME depends as any sort of track record), you'd
know that scattered KEYWORDS is a pita to deal with ... i've seen cases where
a specific arch was duplicated in KEYWORDS; once near the beginning and once
near the end ... normally it wasnt anything bad, but there was a case where
one KEYWORD was stable while the other was unstable
-mike