On Saturday 11 June 2005 04:15 am, foser wrote:
> > if you ever had to do arch-specific KEYWORDing on a frequent basis (and
> > i'm 99% sure you have nfc we support other arches than x86 if we use
> > arch-specific breakage in GNOME depends as any sort of track record),
>
> If there was ever arch specific breakage -this btw is a baseless claim,
> so it shouldn't have been put up here, but I guess that's what populism
> is about-, then it is most likely because someone screwed up the
> ordering inside one package dir, making it inconsistent and as such a
> pain to deal with.

baseless ?  talk to any hppa/sparc/ia64 (and maybe mips) dev and they should
be able to remember a time where a GNOME version bump had missing KEYWORDS in
new dependencies ... evolution-data-server comes to mind

> >  you'd
> > know that scattered KEYWORDS is a pita to deal with ... i've seen cases
> > where a specific arch was duplicated in KEYWORDS; once near the beginning
> > and once near the end ... normally it wasnt anything bad, but there was a
> > case where one KEYWORD was stable while the other was unstable
>
> Again something I'd only expect to happen in cases where someone is
> reordering keywords at will inside a package.

you can expect all you want, i found these cases BEFORE i started
alphabetizing KEYWORDS
-mike