On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:18:30 +0200
"Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyway, I prefer avoid having to mess with profiles in this way, as
> our profile already needs a lot more loving than the base ones as atm
> we don't inherit from them (profiles in overlays can't inherit
> profiles's in main portdir), adding more cruft over this is going to
> be a great problem to maintain.

They can inherit from $PORTDIR profiles, assuming that you know t
he values of $PORTDIR and $PORTDIR_OVERLAY, just figure the relative
path out. Of course that's a problem if you can't rely on defaults and
a cleaner solution is needed anyway (probably coming with profiles2).

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.