On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 05:45:26PM -0700, Duncan wrote:
> Lance Albertson posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted
> below,  on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:14:11 -0500:
>
> > Ok, after talking with a few folks I want to retract my comment about no
> > shell access. I didn't think about the other groups (docs) that already
> > have shell access and retain a simliar status as forum mods do in
> > Gentoo. I'm just getting ansty about all these new people we're bringing
> > on and the security behind it. Thats my main concern at this point, not
> > whether your work is more or less than a regular developer. I just
> > wanted to make that point before I had a flamewar directed at me :)
>
> OK, I'm with you on the security thing (being one that would prefer a
> USE=clientonly flag, remember, tho I understand the reasons behind not
> doing it), but I DO know there's quite the occasional use for someplace to
> host scripts, patchlets, and sample config files for reference from
> forums/news/lists/irc, that I've personally found useful, that others
> would like to see as well.

Would devwiki (or something like that) access for hosting files be acceptable?
Seriously security_wise and admin_wise I don't see shell access useful neither
appropriate imho.

Btw how many forums moderators are we talking about?

Cheers

--
Andrea Barisani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                            .*.
Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer                          V