On Friday 01 July 2005 03:55 am, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> > Why not just use =qt-3.3 since qt3 probably wont have any new major
> > release ?
>
> This would seem like the easiest option. Is there any reason not to do
> it this way?

Yes, two of them.

1. You don't know that there won't be a 3.4 qt

2. You'll force a user to upgrade to qt 3.3 if they attempt to install any
package that depends on Qt.  Speaking from personal experience, I still have
some servers using Qt 3.1 because I have programs running 24/7 that rely on
Qt and simply cannot be upgraded right now.