On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:45:20PM -0500, Brian D. Harring wrote:
> Not tenuable
>
> What you're effectivelly suggesting is that portage stomp ahead and,
> hit a failure, try and figure out what atom would fix the failure,
> retry, wash rinse repeat.

No, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about something to help an
ebuild writer. If I'm emerging my newly written ebuild and it works, I
still may have missed a few build dependencies. This situation would
probably result in a lot of ebuilds with incomplete build dependencies
and a lot of work for the cross-compiling people. By using a tool like
I described, I can see what I still need to add to the list.

Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot

Gentoo Linux Developer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.gentoo.org