Nathan L. Adams wrote:
> Jory, I take issue with that. I am not ranting. I am proposing a way to
> *improve* QA.

Some thoughts from a humble user:

Any improvement must neither excessively waste developer nor user time,
it is the most scarce resource. To optimize this, the common case must
be made fast, and the common case is that the bug has been truly fixed
when it has been closed.

The person reporting the bug can reopen the bug, as he/she is in a
perfect position to test the fix. You can't have the people (developers)
who are already the busiest spend significant time recreating bugs and
testing the fix, just to find out that, yes indeed, it has been fixed.

Sincerely,
Marco