On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:32:44 -0400 "Nathan L. Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| > Again, Gentoo is not a large corporation or Debian.
|
| I don't see how Gentoo's status (or rather lack thereof) as a
| corporation or Debian has anything to do with encouraging peer review.

You're taking methods from a "how your typical oversized software
engineering bloatware project works" situation and trying to apply them
outside of their domain.

| > The assumption is
| > that the majority of fixes are done correctly the first time, and
| > this assumption is valid.
|
| I don't see how you could prove that assumption. If you can, please do
| so.

Experience. I receive bug mail for a heck of a lot of bugs. I see how
many of them are indeed correctly resolved when they are marked as such.

| > Hence, the default behaviour is to mark bugs as
| > RESOLVED, with reopening being an entirely legitimate and encouraged
| > response for those occasional instances where the resolution was not
| > sufficient.
| >

| There are plenty of devs who don't share in the viewpoint that
| reopening bugs is legitimate and should encouraged (although I agree
| it is and should be). I base opinion that on some of the kicking and
| screaming I've seen on bugzilla in the past. ;)

No, that kicking and screaming is reserved for when bugs are reopened
inappropriately.

--
Ciaran McCreesh