Well, this is the problem. I like it too, and I too don't like the
current stituation. Currently genlop is abandonware. There is no
activity in Bugzilla, so that's why I post to gentoo-dev.

Portage Utilities Team, Hello ?

If we all like it that much, perhaps someone will want to take over it,
make a homepage ( or just set www.gentoo.org as the homepage ) and go
through the open bugs.

If not - it can be either dropped or left as it is currently. If no one
cares maybe the user base is not that large.

In either case, it would be interesting to know what is the Portage
Utilities Team view on the matter.