Maurice van der Pot wrote:
The new valgrind version (3.0.0) requires sse support. If you have a
processor without sse, you'll need to stay at 2.4.1.

To make people aware of this, I could use the sse use flag in 3.0.0 and die if it is not present, telling people to mask versions 3.0.0 and up if they have a processor without sse. I would also have to check
the arch before requiring sse.

use flags are usually meant for optional support for a package, aren't they?

Is there a better way to do this?

compile a small test program containing SSE specific intrinsics and die if it returns an error code? does valgrind's configure check for sse?

--de.