> Don't forget the fact that bash must be execed for normal parses, and
> that python has extremely slow string handling when not using one of
> the standard parsing modules (that work in C). To put my money where my
> mouth is, I've tarred up my code and put it on my dev space:
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~pauldv/portage_native-0.1.tar.bz2

I've fixed up a particular issue with it (getting into an endless loop)
and made a very simple webpage for it:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~pauldv/

ps. People please be aware that this is still alpha in the sense of not
being complete. For better working it should probably support if
statements properly, and at least do variable substitution. It would mean
that the parser would have to retain a state etc.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer