For the record, there is a bug open for this. (#64009)
Personally, I'm not keen on the idea.
the only way which we can do this is by detecting which arch we are
installing the sources, for, which immediately means many installs of
USE=minimal are not the same.

There are plenty of other reasons I can go into, but if anyone feels
strongly to push this change, then feel free to reply with justification
as to why. Technical info to back it up as well please :)

- John

--
Role:            Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
Gentoo Linux:    http://www.gentoo.org