On Monday 12 September 2005 19:03, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> The easiest way to improve those ebuilds' chances
> of getting into the tree is by getting them up to a good enough
> standard that whoever picks them up is very unlikely to have to do
> major extra work on them.

To have even more unmaintained packages in the tree. The tree it is that needs
QA. If "maintainer-wanted" bugs stay open forever - who cares.

> It was discussed on this list.

Thanks for the pointer. :p So from the user point of view it's better to file
a request without attaching an ebuild, because it wouldn't directly resolved
WONTFIX?! (Before you answer that: From the user point of view, not your's.)
I mean I'm often giving a pointer on an formal issue or a very wrong attempt,
but being that strict is not neecessary, discouraging and probably some even
take the chance to molest about Gentoo, imho.

Carsten